Whos better then buddens and crooked?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  2. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

J.Cole and Me.
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Want a list?
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

please.. i would like to listen to better rappers.
    test
  5. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

Garbage thread
    test
  6. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i think the thread is okay.

i don't think J. Cole better than either of them besides the fact Cole a lot more versatile. Royce and Budden are masters at what they do... Cole still tryna (and doing a good job) of breakin' into their character.
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

they arent album rappers, they drop hot 16s. but a whole album of just spittin just doesnt cut it for me. you gotta make dope songs, not just dope verses.
    test
  8. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

^thats some dumb shit to say, if them niggaz can spit then you need to give props when they're due.

When hip hop was starting there weren't hooks and choruses in the music, it was niggaz just spitting rhymes.

So Crook chooses not to make albums all the time and make "songs" in the traditional sense so that means you can't respect that and wrap your head around the fact thst not every body is in it for the radio or to sell albums? Most of them just want the art form of lyricism to remain a part of hip hop.
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^I'd say the truth is somewhere between the two of you. Straight spitting has its place, but today's artist has to be a a good songwriter to survive. You have to be able to engage your audience's emotions somehow in all forms of entertainment, not just wow them with your technical skill. It's not just about hooks and choruses, otherwise MF DOOM would never have broken out in the underground.
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i don't understand, Royce has made numerous dope albums and they both have made numerous dope songs.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

tbh.. what royce and budden's do, will change the direction of hip hop, if the fan's learn how to take it back to the essence.

although i like a good song and chorus and catchy video sometimes i need the raw truth to be told over a ILL rhyme scheme.. what these nigga's do lyrically, people like jcole and lil wayne and waka FUCKA wish they could do..

but they can't bc they ain't lyrical enough.
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

meh.....I find buddens to be a tad overrated.....he used to be a beast....nowadays...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

over rated? my ass. he us the most slept on nigga in the industry. idk what u see in him, that u don't like would u have rather him put out more "pump it ups"

what artist do u kno that have touched on as many subjects and said as many wise quotables as budden's?

he on a whole nother level, im not sayin he the best, but "how do u expect a man to talk when got no lips or walk the walk when he got no hips?" -budden
    test
  14. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

you are about to go on idiot ban LP

fuck you talking about like I'm some god damn hip popper

go suck a fucking dick you wigger
    test
  15. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Anyway....mm 1 & 2 were dope and what not but to me he's been on a down slide since
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

neeener neeeener neeeeener you dont got a weiner!! lmao!
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

^^ none better then this right here.. name one:afro:
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

buddens the closest thing to pac

him and tijon
    test
  19. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Joey hasn't dropped a wack mixtape yet....he's lightyears above a lot of artists...
    test
  20. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

U didn't say give props, u said who's better. I give props, but there is a laundry list of better mcs. Big pun, big, l, biggie. Jadakiss, x/raided, Canibus, Eminem, ti....there's a few off top.

And then ur gonna respond and say none of them are better mcs because that's your opinion. All it is / is opinion.

It's like religion, we can go back and forth on which one is the right one to believe in, but will probably only agree to disagree.

So maybe u should have named the thread "in my opinion, no one is better than crooked I, and Joe burdens. Although, u would still catch a heap of shit because everyone has their own opinion.

Amen.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.