Soundelux U195 VS Nuemann U87

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr. Verbalist, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Do these mics sound alike? My boy is opening a studio and was going to purchase the Nuemann, but I suggested the Soundelux. He's going to purchase many more mics, but as for now, which would be better for the studio. I think he's only recording vocals.

Thank you
    test
  2. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

They don't sound alike.
    The Neuman has a well known Neuman sheen to the sound, as only Neumans have, and the Soundelux is a complete other beast.

I'd choose the U195 over ANY Neuman, because it offers a sound something like...Kay Z's black album had...come to think of he, he used a Soundelux as well.
    test
  3. Mr. Verbalist

Okay, Thanks AON. So adding the U195 would be more beneficial to the studio instead of the U87?
    test
  4. AllOrNothinEnt

Well, this depends on #1 what pre will be used, because this plays a huge factor on the sound of the mic, and #2. WHAT type of voices/music will be recorded.

I think the Soundelux U195 is more suited for hip hop in general, I own this mic, and every voice Ive used it on, has sounded nice.
    If you like Jay-Z's the Black Album overall sound, then this mic is the choice to go to, the Neuman is a little thinner sounding than this, and not as robust.

But either mics are good, although one runs $2,200 the other runs $1,095, so the best deal is the U195, Because he would have another grand to toss into ANOTHER mic.
    test
  5. Jae Little

Jae Little DJ - Producer

Personally I was thinking about getting the U195 because I heard it was good. When I get the money for it, I think I'ma get it. Then I should be set for awhile when it comes to equipment...
    test
  6. Mr. Verbalist

AON he's gonna have a bunch of pre's, so go with the U195 since he's gonna have alot of preamps?

He's on his 2nd year at full sail right now, and I think I have more knowledge than him. He's like "Yo, I'ma get a Nuemann mic because they make the best mics" and I always tell him it depends on what suits the client. Then he's like "I'ma get the best pre out" I also told him the same thing ... Your probably right about Full Sail being whack ... I'd probably get more knowledge doing an internship at a local studio ...

But thanks Doggie
    test
  7. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

at full sail, more expensive = better hahah....
    test
  8. AllOrNothinEnt

Man fuck fuck sail, my next door neighbor of 4 years went there, come back, and still didnt know half of what he should have, even he came back cussin bout em.
    test
  9. Jae Little

Jae Little DJ - Producer

AON where can I peep that Soundelux U195 at? Do you know any links? Because I think I'ma get that mic first instead of getting the KSM32 and KSM27 first...
    test
  10. Jae Little

Jae Little DJ - Producer

Nevermind, I found it at Sweet Water...
    test
  11. AllOrNothinEnt

Look on froogle.com, because it's $1,095 powest priced new, so if you pay more than that, your not lookin hard enough.
    test
  12. Jae Little

Jae Little DJ - Producer

It was that price at Sweet Water...
    test
  13. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

try pricegrabber.com
    test
  14. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

the ksm44 is a crazy i'd get that over both
    test
  15. AllOrNothinEnt

You have no clue what the fuck your talking about, you've never used the 2 we're talking about, and until you do, just shut your cock sucking mouth.
    test
  16. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

i was jokin dog..
    test
  17. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

AON do u know wht song he made with it? because i saw his movie "fade to black" and was in multiple studios im also looking for a mic to..
    test
  18. AllOrNothinEnt

As far as I know, dirt on your shoulder was made with a Soundelux, if anyone can prove this wrong please do, but this is what I've heard, and in his Fade To Black bit, he was on a Soundelux as well...Im just not sure WHICH.
    test
  19. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

i see i see
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.