So I been on the WARRIOR DIET "1 Meal a Day"

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by DeenoG, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

Imagine Maurkadi on this diet? dude might kill himself :funny:

[​IMG]
    The diet was developed after the diet of soldiers, they would walk around with 40 pounds of weaponry and only ate one meal at night, because they were always on alert through out the day.

here is a picture of the guy who wrote the book he has been using the diet for years I think he is in his late 50's.
    [​IMG]

here is a guy who has been using the diet and he was able to improve his health and body, you wont look like arnold but more like from the movie 300 or a greek statue.
    [​IMG]

I been doing this for the past 3 weeks, and I have to say the first week is hell, but I lost 12 pounds using this. What you basically do is eat 1 giant meal at the end of your day, through out the day you can snack on nuts and veggies but no junk food or anything processed, you can drink a whey shake and drink milk but no soda or factory juices. The goal is to make your body not waste any nutrient thats why you fast through out the day, you do short 10 to 20 minute circuit routines. You can only digest a certain amount of nutrients at a time, when you stuff yourself after fasting your body utilizes the nutrients big time and your muscles and body absorbs more nutrients and they don't go to waste.

You clean your mind body and soul and it really is great for your health long term. They did studies on people who lived longer and the ones who were the healthiest didnt over eat.

Read about it here
    Bodybuilding.com - Conversation With A Modern-Day Warrior : The Warrior Diet! - Mike Mahler

Herschel Walker uses the same diet its what the Spartans and Roman and Greek Soldiers used. You remain strong and muscular but with low body fat.

I realize now why they say it tests you and you become more spiritual with it, cause when I first started this shit I was basically hallucinating, but it was like weird fighting the hunger of snickers, sodas and pizza, it took my 5 days to fight that out. I was craving like a mufucka

You develop willpower and discipline, also I actually have more focus and energy throughout the day, I dont have that ADD shit anymore.

Im gonna switch it up though and Add a big breakfast and with my big dinner before bed but no lunch. My face is more defined now before I used to have some huge ass cheeks and a slight double chin. I have a 6 pack now and I feel way better.
    test
  2. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

here is the interview with the writer of the Warrior Diet and Anti Estrogen Diet.

Read about it here
    Bodybuilding.com - Conversation With A Modern-Day Warrior : The Warrior Diet! - Mike Mahler

test
  3. BelowTheHeavens

BelowTheHeavens New Member

Have fun eating one meal a day and working out all day. I think ill enjoy eating my 3 meals a day and exercising an hour a day and being in good shape. But do you.
    test
  4. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

Oh ya but becareful if you eat say a super high fructose desert or drink a soda with high sugars during your under eating phase you will crash bad.

Thats why you have to understand the dynamics and it tests yoru will power, you develop a warrior mindset and self discipline.
    test
  5. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

i thought eating at the end of the day was the worst time....right b4 bed
    test
  6. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

I thought that too, the warrior diet goes against that logic. but if you learn about it basically the soldiers back in the day had no time to eat and would only eat at night. Eating at night is the best time to eat if you eat the right foods, because when you sleep your body is taking in the nutrients, rest and deep sleep is essential for health and growth.

Frank Shamrock uses something similar he eats only 2 to 3 meals though but no processed foods or synthetic stuff.

Herschel walker is the most famous guy to use it though, and that guy is still built like a horse. He doesn't eat meat though.
    test
  7. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

i usually jus eat big at night, makes me fall sleep easy

but...yea when i wanna lose weight, i alwayz jus ate one big ass meal

but i would eat it before 5-8./...or jus once in da morn...
    test
  8. Look4Edin

Look4Edin New Member

This totally goes again science and anatomy. It's not 'hear-say' when people tell you to eat 3-5 balanced meals a day. It's so your body has the energy to do what's it's supposed to do (provided you actually exercise for an hr a day, every day.) This diet is good for FAT people and those who don't exercise.. It's call anorexia. lol
    test
  9. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

Dude did you even research this diet or read the book look at the pictures and stuff i provided. I thought the same thing, but its great for health and I have more energy and focus now, before I would be so lazy because I was eating horrible. The concept is true, he takes the diet of warriors and uses it, you know those muscular greek warriors didnt eat processed food and didnt eat multiple times a day right?

read the bold

In the book he says working out for 1 hour a day is useless all you need is short explosive workouts, he is against doing those long jogs that marathon runners do.

Frank shamrock follows the same type of routine he only works outs like 15 to 25 minutes tops and never to failure.
    test
  10. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Im actually doing this now...and didnt even know it was a diet.

I noticed i was getting a little fat and felt like shit all the time a little after Christmas.

I decided I was gonna change my eating habits and stop over eating.

I work over night so I decided I wouldnt snack at work...go home and sleep...wake up to a nice meal. And if I got hungry I would snack on a handful or two pretzels.

I lost 15 pounds the first week.

To date Ive cut about 35 lbs in 6 weeks just changing how I eat. Went from 245 to 210.

Its pretty close to what this diet goes by...except I drink diet sodas and shit for the caffeine to stay up at work. Im trying to cut soda out of my diet...but Im a caffeine addict. If I go without it for a while I get terrible headaches and shit. I gotta get off it slowly...like a real drug or some shit.

But I can mos def see how this diet works.
    test
  11. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

this is the most senseless thing i've read in a great while

your abs are only starting to show because your body is going through a fuckin caloric deficiency

yeah you WILL lose weight with a caloric deficiency.. you will also get weaker. I dare anyone to make sizable strength gains doing this bullshit.

infact, your body is feeding on itself & becoming weaker as you are depriving your muscles of the protein they need to grow and/or maintain themselves

its not hearsay, its how the human body works

holy shit i can hear your insulin levels spiking
    test
  12. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I did it for a while, decreased fat and increased lean mass... It's good if you want to get in shape...

only thing is that if you are an athlete training for a sport it gets difficult to maintain long term...

I do still fast intermittently a few days every week just because it feels good to
    test
  13. DeenoG

DeenoG New Member

You do realize the soldiers and warriors back in the day used a similar diet? they would march all day and travel all day and could only eat at night or the morning. You dont really have to go without eating, you can eat a breakfast and eat snacks through the day if you start craving foods. Just not bad synthetic foods.

The Gracies have a similar diet, they eat like 3 meals only, the breakfast is usually a juice freshly made and a banana. Helio lived very long and was alert for his age before he passed, and he cut out all processed foods and made his own cheese.

Actually I am still pretty strong, and I can type my papers now without being bored, I have more focus and I have energy, its not a good diet for strong men of course or people who wanna look like brock lesnar, but for overall health its great.

The marines they only eat 3 meals a day and workout on empty stomachs and run on empty stomachs, you have to adjust your body. When you go through fasts your body uses the nutrients more. As far as the insulin spikes he covers it in the book. you will def crash if you decide to snack on a snickers bar instead of the celery or carrots or nuts during the underrating phase.

They interviewed some 105 year old man and he said he only ate 2 meals a day and he cut out junk foods and sodas when he was 65 years old.
    He was still alert too, and had great memory.

Look up the resveratol monkeys, both are the same age, one was given a low caloric diet, and the other was given a higher caloric diet.

you can see which one looks healthier and is aging far better.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/science/10aging.html
    test
  14. Ckopper

Ckopper ....

This seems like my normal diet. I only really eat cereal in the morning and a early small dinner.
    test
  15. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

what if i wanna get drunk?

I gotta do that on an empty stomach?

pssh

I'll be fucking on the roof shooting off fireworks at cars by midnight
    test
  16. MC CoNTeNT

MC CoNTeNT www.soundclick.com/Th!nk

i am skeptical on the sense that Odysseus is....but at the same time, im not surprised this has worked for "Some".......keyword - Some. this wont work for everyone, trust me

when i played football, we would constantly train ourselves everyday to go each day with 1-2 meals max (meals as in full on burrito or sub sandwhich or whatever) and drink a quarter gallon of water a day with 30 lbs of pads on you for 3 hours at a time, and pop amino acids to supply your muscles with the necessary healing power at night to re-strengthen your stamina the next day, and increase the re-strengthening as you ate less and less.

i would only recommend this diet for someone who wants to lose weight and gain stamina. if youre in it to gain muscle weight - bad idea, unless you do this with 2 meals a day and 2 protein shakes + amino acids and maybe a multi vitamin

goodluck though my man....i might try this tomorrow and see how far i can go - been interested in doing this type of mind strengthening for a bit now
    test
  17. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

I agree with this.

I dont think this diet should be used long term. But I havent done enough research on this to say for sure.

For me its about getting my appetite under control...and forcing myself to eat smaller portions.

Once I get my shit under control Ill return to eating regular meals...but Ill make better choices, and eat less.
    test
  18. Look4Edin

Look4Edin New Member

Samrock also got his ass beat in his last 3+ fights, lol.

I'll look into it.. I mean, it sounds interesting and all.. But starving yourself usually leads to binge eating unless you have a LOT of discipline. Idk, I'm no expert. I'm just going by what I've seen work in the past. If this works, then it's just another method to get desired results.

There's more benefits to working out for a longer period of time, though.. Endurance being the main benefit. Although, I guess if you're just working out to look good, endurance wouldnt be your main objective. Personally, I'll stick to p90x for the time being. It's proven to work and works out your whole body.
    test
  19. Messiah

Messiah Big Brother

Dumbest diet I ever heard of. If a nigga starts hallucinating, there's a good chance that this isn't good for them. Go with the other diets instead that let u eat throughout the day, requires exercise, and works. And if u had a double chin 2 weeks ago and was startin to look like sherman klump, I have reason to believe ur lieing about a sixpack, stop tryin to sell the product with fabricated stories. Post ur before and after pics to back up ur transition
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

This diet is destined for failure.

It will slow your metabolism.

Yes you will lose weight because of caloric loss.

However you will need to stay on this diet for the rest of your life because once you go off of the diet and increase your caloric intake and meals with that slow as metabolism you will be obese.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.