Let's Be Honest... B Magic Ruined Battle Rap... And He Ruined It Bad....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by WillyMcLain, Jun 17, 2013.

1. DeathNoteSC

DeathNoteSC New Member

This shit make no sense bro..Battle rap is a combine of elements. You need performance & bars to win.
    test
  2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy rap game tilda swinton

battle rap been ass since the beginning wtf

actual rap >>>
    test
  3. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

^^ unfunniest troll we had in awhile... do these guys even try anymore. boring as fuck.
    test
  4. WillyMcLain

WillyMcLain Well-Known Member

agree... that's a waste of a troll... putting him on ignore and making him disappear...
    test
  5. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

Doing the same... congrats soliwhatever, first person I ever put on ignore. anddddddd.... poof, he's gone.
    test
  6. WillyMcLain

it made perfect sense... let me ask you this... what are you calling "performance"?
    test
  7. DeathNoteSC

DeathNoteSC New Member

Performance is crowd control, interacting with the crowd, acting out your bars. IE. Hitman Holla vs John John Da Don. "Whats those freckles on ya face?, stop actin like a bad guy/That mag 5, a put em in da air like a bad vibe/Bring him back point blank range n knock the brains out em/*Pauses and mean mugs jjdd* Then reload wit tha bullets that came out em!!!" Bar made no sense but hit so hard because of Hitmans performance. Crowd loved it for whatever reason so he remixed it and it was considered as a heavy hitter.
    test
  8. WillyMcLain

I agree with that... I just posted the exact same thing in another thread... basically "acting out bars"...

but it always comes back to roots... u gotta kno that... and magic has made his move straight off spittin... he's the only rapper I see consistently getting the crowd going straight off bars... and that performance shit is played...

it' just like regular rap... performers come and go... couldn't even tell u were trillville, young joc,, etc are anymore...they entertained people with their shit... basically just performers... but it always comes back... and the dudes that spit that shit remain through it and keep the core... ie Jay Z, Jadakiss, 50 etc........... Twista is still solid today... nas is still solid today.... bun b is still solid today... etc....... performers/entertainers come and go
    test
  9. DeathNoteSC

DeathNoteSC New Member

LOL Dont get me wrong! B Magic > Hitman Holla
    test
  10. Ducking Angels

Ducking Angels Good bars> Bad bars

B Magic did sort of ruin it. He is one of the best in terms of lyrical content and now battle rap (for me at least) has kind of reached a saturation point where almost everything good has been said. Performance is the only thing left for me to get excited about now really. My existence in the battle rap fan world is now almost exclusively limited to skipping through Hitman Holla and Shotgun Suge videos for moments when they shout a nice line. Shit's pretty sad.
    test
  11. 7seven7

7seven7 New Member

I know this is in hell-a-late (I'm just seeing this thread and made an account just to reply)

I was looking to see if I could get some info on when will B Magic be battling next
    I have been unsuccessful in getting that info, but it's the point that you have made that has led to my search for his next battle.
    It is really hard to watch most rap battles, I will admit there are some that don't have B Magic in it that I enjoy but they are few, I at least know that if Magic is involved I will like half the battle
    I am new to the battle scene and Arsonal vs Shotty Horroh was the first battle I watched which left me thinking for a little while that Ars was the best but watching Ars battles introduced me to other battle rappers., I watched Arsonal vs Conceited which left me interested in seeing more of Conceited's battles which led to Conceited vs B Magic.
    Watching battle rap has not been the same since, I combed Youtube for all I can find on B Magic and I know nothing of the performance era that you are talking about as I have just started watching maybe a month or 2 now, I just know most other battle rappers are boring to me because they are over the top with complex schemes or they don't put enough into there lyrics and leave it all up to how they bring across there bars (or lack there of) B Magic on the other hand keeps it on a punchline basis so you don't have to wait like every 8 bars to hear something cool or have to piece together a bunch of lines just to get to one little scheme. I am not saying schemes aren't clever and cool when you do figure them out and the whole showman approach will get a crowd in a frenzy (I saw a Hitman Hollow Battle Tsu Surf) but I feel far more satisfied hearing hot bar after hot bar and nobody does that like B Magic from what I have seen so far
    So unless a new wave of rappers come out mastering this style I'm gonna be just like you Willy McLain, impatiently awaiting the next MAGIC show.......
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    test
  12. Crippl318916G-locc6-0

Crippl318916G-locc6-0 "Winter is eeeaarr!"

I say rap is too critiqued by nerdy dudes who don't even come from gang or ghetto roots, and all that isht dope, if you know they trues.
    test