is jeff still alive?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by *PRESTIGE*, Nov 8, 2014.

1. *PRESTIGE*

*PRESTIGE* Greatness personified

been a long time , just wondering if he still running the site

Certified legend
    test
  2. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

Hey man. No, Jeff hasn't been around for a long time I'm afraid.
    test
  3. Militant420

Militant420 Original MIC Immortal

Jeff died or no longer participates in the site?
    test
  4. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

jeff sold off the site a few years ago.. the site is dead though.
    test
  5. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

That is correct, it was sold to CrowdGather years ago. We're currently making some real efforts to try and lift this place back up to become an attractive hub once again. :)
    test
  6. x calibur

x calibur

by real efforts, do you mean deleting archives, ignoring site problems, making unpopular changes, and completely neglecting the community?
    test
  7. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

Yes! That's exactly what I meant. Haha no, I'm just kidding. Fact is, there were some real issues here that needed to be handled. It's a slow and painful process but it is slowly on the mend. It's members like you and Mellow Madness that are crucial to the life of the forum. I've been the active CG admin here for awhile, and it's obvious to me that the members here need more say and input. If you have some ideas to help the place along, then please feel free to spout them off.

On a side note, I would appreciate it if you'd remove the referral link in your signature. There's no need to promote that here. We are our own entity and I'd really appreciate it if you'd respect that. Thank you. :)
    test
  8. x calibur

x calibur

that was more reasonable than I expected. I thought I'd get my post deleted for criticizing.

it comes from the frustration of when I modded on this site, trying to explain to members why there were malware warnings, and waiting for plekz/lucy to email cg and get it handled. there are other examples like that too.

as far as I've seen, cg tried to let the site run itself. and when you did make changes like the xenforo upgrade, it went against the community because it removed popular features. I still don't know why the hall of shame was deleted, maybe you find the content ridiculous, but it was a part of RM. overall, the userbase was alienated, which led to 3 migrations to new sites. I wish you well on running the rapmusic domain, but that history can't be undone.

I WOULD remove the link in my sig, but I like letting members know about the new place so they can make an informed decision. I'm debating on it.
    test
  9. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

I don't play like that. I am not the same CG guy as before. I was not around at that time, and I'm sorry you guys had that kind of trouble in the past. Unfortunately at this point, the Xenforo is here to stay, but with it did come some upgrades. It does have a fast and smooth interface, along with a catchy Home page. As far as adding/removing forums, I'm all for changing some of that stuff around as well as bringing old things back. I'm not so egoistical as to think I know more about this forum than the locals. I still get with Plekz and The Business, as they are my go-to guys on the team, but I'm all for doing all we can to at least make RM the fun gathering place it once was. The #1 site on the interwebz? Nah, I'm all good with a small tight knit community that just floats along smoothly.
    test
  10. Mr. Truth

Mr. Truth Well-Known Member

edited
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    test
  11. x calibur

x calibur

you seem alright. but you have to understand that the original RM community was alienated and neglected by the previous cg administration, they're posting on new sites, and they're not likely to be back. anything you do with the RM domain will be mostly building from the ground up.
    test
  12. x calibur

x calibur

all of this is accurate. crowdgather claims to be about online communities, but they've ran all of their communities into the ground. they've shown no competence, no drive, and no understanding of what people want. they just take over places and let them decay.
    test
  13. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

This is what I've been waiting on. I appreciate all of the input guys. It's nice to get to hear exactly where you stand, especially considering how active you once were here. I will say, that regardless of the owners, a forum is a forum is a forum. If you like RM, it's still here and ready to be used. There's nothing I can say that'll probably make you guys want to become active again of course, and that's your prerogative, but there's a core here that still exists. Plekz and The Business both are still here and faithful, and my interest in the site has not wained. If you guys have moved onto greener pastures then I wish you the best. We'll be around though if you ever want to drop in and say hi. :)
    test
  14. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

I heard that Jeff amassed a handsome fortune from this site, only to die shortly thereafter from auto-erotic something or other..
    test
  15. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

test
  16. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

The video says it's not available in the US. Maybe find a different one?
    test
  17. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

so how are those updates going along? ._.
    test
  18. cg admin

cg admin Administrator

Hey, we're still here haha. Slow as it is at least it's something.
    test
  19. SlyDawg

SlyDawg aka Antmysta

So no chance of bringing back the Hall of Shame? I miss reading the Nimrod post.
    test