In Case You Missed It Vol. 3 / BOX - Beyond Ordinary X-istence (Battlecat fans?)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by identity-X, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

B.O.X. - Beyond Ordinary X-istence (1991)

There are a couple reasons why I chose to up this album. First and foremost, this CD features some of DJ Battlecat's EARLIEST production (tracks 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, & 12), almost a decade before he became a staple on Snoop Dogg CD's and even before he was producing for the likes of Kam and Ras Kass.

Secondly...it's not a bad CD. As far as ability, BOX provides pretty standard rhymes, but he tackles a number of topics and, coupled with some pretty good production, succeeds in making them enjoyable. Content-wise he's all over...there are plenty of songs with your typical gangsta posturing though even then he manages to remain "conscious" about it, putting the gangsta life in a larger social context. There are a couple party tracks and some political tracks that address things like racism and police brutality.

LINK - http://www.uploading.com/files/RQ09WOX5/box.zip.html

[​IMG]
    (I don't know how old he is but he looks MAD young. He's from LA by the way)

1 Life Of A Gangsta
    2 Low Down
    3 Rock 'Dat A**
    4 What Is Black
    5 Intelligence
    6 The World We Live In
    7 The Loc
    8 Hey Luv
    9 Don't Mess With Bill
    10 2 Much
    11 Mama Alwayz Told Me
    12 B A Real G
    test
  2. Word...good looks for the link, but shouldn't this be moved to retail lp?
    test
  3. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

mayhaps...i just figured since I'm doing one a day/every few days as a "series" that I could drop a link.

I could remove the link, post a thread in retail, and then leave a redirect in this thread if you think that'd be better?

wadda ya think?
    test
  4. adverse

adverse Active Member

i like it how it is, if thats ok. Other way would be ok to though but kids with under 250 posts wouldnt be able to enjoy the fun.
    test
  5. Cella Dwella

Cella Dwella I Love It

I'm gonna dl this and check it out
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.