How much does a studio cost?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Radio-Aktive, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

I know this won't have an exact answer, but around how much would I hafta pay to own a professional studio with all the top equipment? i'm just wonderin, cuz i'm gonna open my own pro studio after i finish college...

thanx y'all
    test
  2. *Twisted*

*Twisted* aka Black Knight

If you want a decent studio it will run you at least $150,000.00
    test
  3. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Thats A Vague Question.
    test
  4. State Reps

State Reps New Member

you'd be suprised if u knew how many big records were recorded at studios that cost a fraction of that quote...you have NO IDEA about how much it takes to get quality gear fam...
    test
  5. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

$150,000 for a DECENT studio?
    I can build one for someone for $45,000
    test
  6. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yoyo, i may honestly have to connect with you during or after college, cuz me and the other dude from full force (our name, well thats been our name for a long time now, just cant change username) are def. opening our own studio and starting our own production company, a label is a little too steep, people jump into owning labels but down realize that you have to have a lot of money up front and hope for a good return in CD sales and such, but the studio and production company are almost def. and we will have a lot of knowledge but I dont think getting some help is ever a bad thing, I also have planned out a loan i will be getting, and my grandmothers cousin ( dude who invented the tester on batterys, and owned greyhound bussline then sold it) is a extreme patron of the arts and will give us some money to start a studio and dude has a good like 8+ cars including ferrari and i believe a cobra, so he does have enough money to get us on the jumpstart =)
    test
  7. Ice Kapone

Ice Kapone .. :: Kevin James :: ..

lol so he invented the little things u hold down to show how much power is left?

awesome
    test
  8. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

OH SHIT, IT'S ICE KAPONE... the same one from hhf?
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol @ $45,000. U can get a decent starter setup for around 1,500 thats before booths and top gear ect. If u were to get the total professional studio then u would be lookin at all that expensive ass standard gear such as PT/HD. What exactly are you looking to do in this studio? Beats? Vocals? Mastering? Preproduction?
    test
  10. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Starter set-up for $1,500?

Let's look at what most people would call a starter set-up, based on GOOD quality.

1820M $499
    Wharfdale 8.2's $339
    AKG K 271 2 $179

That SO FAR comes to about $1,000, not to mention the mics, cables, stands, pop filter, adapters, etc etc etc...and this is home recording quality, but he asked how much a STUDIO costs, not a home set-up.
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^yea ur right I was thinkin a home setup for decent home stuff and I was thinkin that same gear u mentioned.
    test
  12. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

I'm lookin to do everything... like a real professional, well-rounded studio...
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

damn thats gonna be pricey then. not all studios do everything which is why i asked tho. i think ur best bet would honestly be to have a specialty to be really good at that and become known for that speciality. And then progress into doing other things
    test
  14. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

aiight... so for beats, vocals and mastering, would it be too much?
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^yea thats kinda alot Id lose the mastering. And do it as a pre production studio.
    test
  16. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

what's preproduction? is there a good site that tells me all that? i used to know a lot, but i've been outta the music game for a while, just gettin back into it...
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

pre production is basically like a home studio it does alot of things but it gets polished up in a real studio. That would be ur best bet if u were lookin to get started right away. But Id move to a specific specialty like recording vocals or mastering ect.
    test
  18. Cold North Flow

Cold North Flow original smooth

If you want a tight pro studio...When you have the cash and are ready to go into the building phase. Talk to this guy... www.johnlsayers.com
    test
  19. Radio-Aktive

Radio-Aktive New Member

thanks for the link, nice site fa sho...
    test
  20. PoetGrim

PoetGrim D.I.P

You could easily get a nice studio just from selling one of your beats.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.