ECW discussion

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Macabre, Dec 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre Guest

[​IMG]
    I don't see much about it in the forum.

Any memories, favorite moments, least favorite moments, questions, comments, complaints, and etc, post them here.
    test
  2. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

Well I first started watching them late at night. When they were on at 1am on some random channel. I loved the Dudley boyz, Sandman, Raven, Sabu, RVD and a ton others.

I remember when Sid came in too and was just destroying people non stop. Shit was crazyness...
    test
  3. Scalpel FX

Scalpel FX feel the fx

I loved watching Sabu, Sandman & RVD. Also Spike Dudley and that guy he used to team up with named Newjack I think. Those two were always doing crazy high risk moves.
    test
  4. masterragu

Yeah New Jack was ill when he used to take out the wheel barrel full of weapons. What a maniac...
    test
  5. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Was RVD about 10 times better in Ecw, or was he always as shitty and repetitive as he is now?

I know the lynn/Rvd feud was classic, and i use to be amazed at his endless supply of high spot moves.
    test
  6. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Jesus, I hated TNN.
    test
  7. Scienc3

Scienc3 New Member

ahaha, yea i memba that.. shit was sicc as fuck..
    test
  8. Macabre

Macabre Guest

I thought the feud vs. angel was good towards the end. It could've been better, but it wasn't bad.
    test
  9. Joe Mato

Joe Mato A.G.

where is new jack now???? last time i heard, he was in xpw.....anyone know?
    test
  10. Macabre

Macabre Guest

last i saw him, he was playing board games with shark boy on TNA
    test
  11. Everglaze

Everglaze Hip Hop Enthusiast

Taz was my favorite ECW wrestler. I still have the Wrestlepalooza '97 PPV where he lost a match to Sabu but still had the Tazzmission locked in and then started suplexing all the referees and applying Tazzmissions on them and Bill Alfonso. He then had another match right after that in a three minute limit brawl against Shane Douglas making him tap out to the Tazzmission to win the TV Title. He was also a crazy ECW World Champion, suplexing Candido through a table and breaking his neck and then applying the Tazzmission on him hahahaha. His suplexes were fuckin stiff and when he went on that whole path of rage rampage, he was insane.

Such a wasted talent though in the WWE, they never even let him hold onto the freakin Hardcore Title and now he's lost his passion to wrestle so he's a commentator instead and because of his injuries.
    test
  12. night walker

night walker Active Member

Ecw was a sick company but they didnt know how to advertise their tallent thats why they went under
    test
  13. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

I liked the Sandman until he spit beer on me, that bastard.

Sabu was my fav.

Taz was a beast... too bad "Tazz" got pussy in the WWF

Terry Funk was also cool,

Tommy Dreamer vs Raven beef was the shit.

The Eliminators were a hot tag team also...

so many memories
    test
  14. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

oh, and Mike Awsome was a fuckin beast, his powerbombs were crazy

And the Dudley Boys vs Spike Dudley and New Jack matches were classic!
    test
  15. Macabre

Macabre Guest

awesome was the man back then

Nobody's used him correctly since...
    test
  16. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Sabu, Tazz, Super Crazy. Had to be my 3 favorite ECW wrestlers, hands down. Wait, except for Cactus Jack. Yet still, Sabu is my number 1 favorite wrestler in any federation, ever. Period.
    test
  17. Idol Dot Z

Idol Dot Z Capo Status

i liked them wayy before they was on tnn. im a sophmore in college and i remember watching them in 6th grade on like the madison square garden channel
    test
  18. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Yeah

Like I said before, TNN was a really shitty move for them.
    test
  19. masterragu

I dont know how many times I've seen that Sabu through tables promo. I swear they played it like 35 times a week...
    test
  20. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

This was my favorite american wrestling federation easily (I still have over 40 tapes of them, and still watch them from time to time.) And really even though they got watered down on TNN I felt it was still much better than watching WWF or WCW. I started watching them a long time ago (can't even put a date on it,) when I used to live in MD and my ex-stepdads sister lived in DE - and DE got a philly cable access channel and her kids always watched ECW and acted like the wrestlers (which at first i had no clue who they were, but i acted like it did lol.) But yeah i pretty much followed it till the end, at one point I had over 150 ECW tapes and really watched them and almost nothing else on TV.

But my favorites were Nova, RVD (and yes he was much better in ECW, as was everyone else,) Cactus Jack, The Eliminators, Sabu, Sandman, Chris Jericho, Taz, Tajiri, Super Crazy, Psicosis and Rey Mysterio .

My fav memories:

- Stone Colds breif stint as champ, previously a pretty boy in WCW and a long haired silent wrestler in Japan, he went to ECW and got his Stone Cold image he'd use in the WWF and get great fame off it.

- Sabu and Terry Funk in the barbed wire match.

- Mikey Whipwreck, and all the hardass philly fans getting behind his innocent boy image.

- All the Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam classic matches.

- RVD being the TV champ for like 5 years without losing.

- The Public Enemy vs. Funk Brothers turning into a crazy site when all the fans started throwing chairs into the ring.

- Bill Pillman pulling out his penis during a PPV and having the cops try and arrest him, only to get away and beat up a fan (an angle but was cool.)

- Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera from big ass extreme bash 96... Holy Shit! One of the greatest matches I've ever seen.

- All the lights going off, and no one knowing exactly who would come out.

Well shit there's just a lot of memories and I don't feel like typing anymore.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.